Open Positions - Please scroll down to find job application.
This role is responsible for assisting the lead teacher in instructing children between the ages of 3–5 with the philosophy of hands-on learning through play, nurturing, and kindergarten readiness.
Ages 3 – 4: Tuesday and Thursday 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Ages 4 – 5: Monday – Wednesday – Friday 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Ages 4 – 5: Monday – Thursday 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Hours: Roughly 30 Hours
Pay rate: $19 per hour depending on experience.
How to apply: Please send resume and job application to email@example.com.
- Supervise and conduct classroom routines and schedules.
- Assist in the daily structure of the day and activities.
- Responsible for maintaining a sale and healthy environment for enrolled children.
- Assist in the daily cleaning of the classroom to keep everyone healthy.
- Prepare daily snacks and have knowledge of all enrollees’ food allergies.
- Ensure materials are available when needed to carry out activities.
- Follow all guidelines set forth in the Dobson Association employee handbook.
- Record daily attendance of students.
- Get to know the families and children; play and assist the children with their daily routine.
- Act as substitute Preschool Teacher when lead teacher is absent.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to change and adapt to changing situations.
- Outstanding ability to handle difficult children.
- Excellent verbal, written and personal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve, mentor, and engage children and their families.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to self-start; implements decisions and follows through.
- Punctual, dependable, enthusiastic, and flexible.
- Must have/pass a health and TB screening within 1 year of hiring.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must have a valid CPR/Infant/Adult First Aid certification.
- Must be current with Mandated Reporter Certification and all other required training set forth by the Arizona Department of Health Services (18 hours per year).
- Must have a practical understanding of the Arizona Department of Health Services by-laws.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and provide the licensee with documentation of one of the following: 1. Six months of childcare experience and: a. High school diploma or high school equivalency diploma; or b. At least 12 credit hours from an accredited college or university, including at least six credit hours in early childhood, child development or a closely related field; c. Associate or bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood, child development, or a closely-related field; or d. N.A.C., C.D.A., or C.C.P. credential.
- A.A. or CDA in early childhood education with experience with preschool age children; or High School Diploma with minimum of 2 years prior experience with preschool age children in a licensed childcare center.
- Standard Professional Early Childhood Education Certificate.
- Must have a minimum of 6 months of classroom or childcare experience.